This information is not available in this time, please check back later.
Sign Up to receive email updates about news, events, & more!
Nutrition & Health
Please click on the items listed below to get more information
- Noon Luncheons
- The Center offers luncheons 5 days per week. The meal is provided by Genesee County Community Action Resource Department. For individuals 60 & over living in Genesee County there is a $2.00 requested donation. For individuals under 60 or living outside of Genesee County cost is $3.50. Please call for reservations by 1:00 the day prior. For more information please Contact the center.
- Blood Pressure Checks
- The Grand Blanc Senior Center offers FREE blood pressure checks on Tuesdays from 12:00-2:00 P.M.
Contact the center for more information.
- Senior & Kosher Meals on Wheels
- The Senior Food Program of Genesee County offers homebound meals and the Jewish Federation offers kosher meals. It is available to any resident of the county over 60 years of age or their spouse. The cost is $1.75 per meal. Call (810) 235-5367 or (810) 767-5922 for kosher meals.
- MiCAFE stands for the Michigan Coordinated Access to Food for the Elderly.
Could you use extra $$$ each month? If you answered yes, then you might qualify for the MiCafe program. Eligible participants could receive up to $60 per month towards purchasing groceries.
The Bridge Card helps pay for food so seniors can use their cash to buy things like medicine or pay for heat, lights, water or make repairs to their home. Contact us for an appointment.
- Emergency Food Assistance
- The Grand Blanc FISH Program has an emergency food pantry for those in need. For more information call (810) 695-1880.
- Food bank of Eastern Michigan
- The Food Bank has provided more than 17 million lbs. of food. For more information please call (810)235-4990.
- Health Fairs
- The Center offers an annual Health Fair in October. Please check back for future updates. If you would like to sign-up for a table please Contact us.
- Guest Speakers
- The Center has guest speakers from time to time. Please check the newsletter for updates. If you would like to be a guest speaker, please Contact us.
- Health Screenings
- The Center has hosted many health screenings, such as vision, hearing, glucose, and pulse ox. Please check the newsletter or call the center for more information. If you would like to provide a health screening please Contact us.
- 60 + YRS OF AGE-COMMODITIES (every month)
FAMILY OF 1 MONTHLY INCOME $1,180
FAMILY OF 2 MONTHLY INCOME $1,594
60 + YRS OF AGE-TEFAP(every 3 months)
FAMILY OF 1 MONTHLY INCOME $1,452
FAMILY OF 2 MONTHLY INCOME $1,961
- MMAP Assistance
- The center has a Medicare/Medicaid specialist available to assist with questions, concerns, or enrolling in benefits. Call the center to schedule an appointment. Our MMAP counselor is available on Tuesdays from 1:00-3:00pm by appointment.
- Genesee Health Plan
- If you're a resident of Genesee County, under 65 and without health care coverage, the Genesee County Health Plan could benefit you. For more information call the Genesee Health Plan at (810) 232-7740.